Part 5 – Modern Philosophy & Palmer’s Worldview
Discover how the differentiation and disassociation of key domains in the Modern era impacted health, healing, and science. Gain key insights into the work of seminal figures like Descartes, Locke, Newton, and more to understand their indirect influence on Palmer’s worldview. This segment elucidates connections between Western thought and the chiropractic paradigm.
- Understand Descartes’ radical doubt and its influence on Palmer’s philosophy
- Learn how Locke and Newton contributed to mechanistic science’s disassociation from spirituality
- Appreciate the Integral nature of reality and how chiropractic bridges science, art, philosophy, and spirituality
- Recognize the resonance between tenets of chiropractic and key figures in the emergence of modern thought
- Contextualize chiropractic using the framework of pre-modern, modern, postmodern, and integral