Mary Ann Chance
Mary Ann Chance, DC, FICC, FACC, FPAC was born into chiropractic and had a great impact on the profession. A wonderful memoriam was written about her by Phillip Ebrall, BAppSc(Chiropr), PhD, FICC, FACC and published in the 2011 issue of Chiropractic History.
Dr. Chance’s father, H.E. Chance, was a lawyer appointed by B.J. Palmer as Executive Director and General Counsel of the ICA in 1945. Her grandfather, H.C. Chance, was a 1924 graduate of PSC and joined the faculty in 1925. He remained on the faculty until just before his death in 1958. He was one of B.J. Palmer’s closest friends and confidants. Mary Ann babysat for Vickie Palmer in her youth. They were lifelong friends.
- Chance MA, Peters RE. Whose chiropractic? Chiropr J Aust 2002; 32:41.
- Chance MA, Peters RE. New game, new rules. Chiropr J Aust 2002; 32:77.
- Chance MA, Peters RE. Chiropractic identity and clinical diversity. Chiropr J Aust 2003; 33:1.
- Chance MA, Peters RE. What’s worth writing is worth writing well. Chiropr J Aust 2004; 34:81.
- Chance MA, Peters RE. E Pluribus Unum. Chiropr J Aust 2005; 35:85.
- Chance MA, Peters RE. Is subluxation our worst enemy? Chiropr J Aust 2005;35:121.
- Chance MA, Peters RE. Science, philosophy and the gentle art of letting go. Chiropr J Aust 2006; 36:45.
- Chance MA, Peters RE. What is this thing called chiropractic? Chiropr J Aust 2006; 36:81.
- Chance MA. Peters RE. Appreciating a legacy without prejudice. Chiropr J Aust 2006; 36:121.
- Chance MA, Peters RE. If B.J. were alive today… Chiropr J Aust 2007; 37:125.
Chiropr 1985; 33:169-87.
Invited Chapters in Books
Chiropractic: an illustrated history. St. Louis: Mosby, 1995: 476-83.
Australian journals: Single author
Australian journals: First author
Australian journals: Co-author